Angela Anderson
May 18, 2011
Dear Darlene,
The Writer’s Workshop was a true blessing. I did have to leave early to attend service, but for the time I was present the workshop was very informative and I received a few valuable points.
Establishing a “no procrastination zone” in the home was key for me, because I do procrastinate at times. If I create this area in my home and use it to do my writing, I know I will be one step closer to my goal. The key is not allowing anything to interrupt my writing time. The acronym, Goals Plans Action, GPA is invaluable another thing I got from the workshop. I plan to use it with my students to show them how to raise their own GPA’s while using this strategy. The second acronym for GPA, Goals, Purpose, and Audience, was also very helpful. This particular acronym is one I plan to use to help me plan for my writing.
From this workshop, I plan to become more disciplined in my writing, by implementing GPA in my life. I hope I can use this as a tool to become more inspired to write, and develop a support system for my writing as well.
Sincerely,
Angela Anderson, MA, PhD Candidate
Wow, talk about creativity! I like this blog, it makes it feel more personal when writing. Glad to know that you can use the GPA's to help you and your students reach/obtain their goals. Hear's a GPA for you: Grace, Power, & Anointing! :-)
ReplyDelete